I haven't posted for a while because there hasn't been an awful lot of crafting going on here just lately. One of the reasons (apart from everyday life and work keeping me busy!!) for the lack of crafting is that the reorganisation of my craft area has finally begun. I have been wanting (and needing!) to do this for a while now. You know how it is when the stash starts to take over the house and you can't find anything - or is that just me?
Anyway, my lovely hubby finally agreed that I needed some decent storage so we took a trip to Ikea. We also wanted to get a desk for H's bedroom and some storage, something a bit more grown up than the toy shelves and boxes she has had until now. I won't go into how long it took us to fit all the boxes, containing a desk, shelves, chair and a expedit 2 x 2 unit, into our medium sized car!! And still leave room for 3 people!!
So, I have built H's desk and chair ....
It's now been moved upstairs to her bedroom, where she is enjoying using it for her colouring, writing stories and drawing! She loves it!
My Expedit unit ....
We just have the storage shelves for H's room to do!
I've started to sort through my boxes and bags of stash and next week, I need to go through the rest and fill my new unit. I'm finding stuff I forgot I had. I'm so looking forward to getting myself organised, at long last!!
I'll show you some more pics when it's all done!
Don't forget the challenge is still open over on the shop blog, there's a £10 voucher for the random winner!!
I hope you are having a fab weekend, thanks for stopping by!
6 comments:
enjoy your reorganisation xx
Looks like you have been busy x
Have fun sorting your stash and filling your units :)
I have to say this next bit is my fav, all the reorganisation .... Aawww bliss :)
It's wonderful to have a good reshuffle isn't it? Enjoy!
I love reorganizing when I have time to 'get stuck in'. My work space is a shambles right now - I need a few days to really sort it out. Good luck with yours - I love those Expedit units and thought about buying them myself.
Post a Comment