22 February 2012

WOYWW # 142 .... & A Finished Layout!!!

Hello from a rainy and rather chilly Dorset! Perfect weather for staying indoors and scrapbooking!

I have had a few days break from my little blog. There's no particular reason for the lack of posts apart from it was half term last week and I was enjoying spending time with H. She is such great company and growing up so fast, I wanted to make the most of our time together.

Anyway she is back at school this week so I'm back at my craft table again. It's good to be back!

So for those of you who are here for a nosy at my craft space - this is how it was looking earlier this morning!!


This week I've taken the photo from the other side of my desk so that you get a glimpse of the units and shelves behind me where I store my stash! To the right hand side of the photo is a pile of letter and alpha stickers. I had to have a good rummage through them to find enough letters to make a title. There are so many sheets with just a few letters left. My fabulous Martha Stewart butterfly punch is there again. Will I ever tire of it?

I've actually managed to finish a layout today!! Woo hoo!! I started off following a sketch by Jules Dix which was in Scrapbook Magazine, issue 61. My finished page looks quite different though.


The photo is H and my niece L (the two of them often get referred to as "the girls") on a walk in the forest just over a year ago. My journalling is about their lovely relationship and how they are very close and enjoy each others company sharing lots of fun, giggles and happy times.


My supplies included: MME Miss Caroline papers and stickers, a Ranger tag, MME Kraft Funday twine and Prima pearls.

Right,I must get on over to Julia's blog to see what all the other WOYWW participants have been up to this week!
Thanks for stopping by!!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love your layout of "the girls".
Very cute indeed and a keepsake.

Karen said...

A gorgeous LO and a beautiful photo of the girls :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely layout and lovely things on your desk.

Redanne said...

Your layout is really lovely and you have some interesting things on your work area - great storage. Regards, Anne Rx #100

Inkyfingeredcat said...

Beautiful layout and wonderful workspace

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...lovely Lo and a cute piccy of your girls...looks like your gonna be busy with everything on your desk too...have a lovely week...Mel :)

Sandra said...

Gorgeous layout, and you're right, spend fun times with your daughter whenever you can :)

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous layout! I have never made a scrapbook page - must have a go. I thought I was following you but wasn't! I am now. You are already following me (thank you) and thank you for visiting my desk today. Sorry you couldn't see my card properly. I'm a lousy photographer!! xx

Lou said...

such a lovely page Sarah - the papers are gorgeous...

...and no I don't think you'll ever tire of your butterfly punch!!

lisa said...

I know what you mean about half term but it's lovely to spend time with them when they are off isn't it. That LO is gorgeous, what a lovely photo.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #127

Jo said...

Gorgeous layout!Your workspace looks full of fabby goodies!
Jo x
#86

Jo said...

forgot to say, thanks for lovely comment you left & i'm following you too!
Jo x

ScrappnBee said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the vintage buterfly feel to it! Lovely! It is so nice that the girls are so close! Have a fabulous WOYWW! -Amanda 12x12 or 144! LOL!

scrappymo! said...

Great layout and I am loving that background paper!

May said...

WOW! Love the Layout of the girls, Fabulous x x Have a agreat week, Hugs May x x x x I do hope I can comment this as I see you have the dreaded word verify on this new format is really bad so here goes hope you get the comment May x x

scrappymo! said...

Just became your latest follower. I love this WOYWW as you get to see so many different blogs that you would never see otherwise!
Maureen

Maggie's Crafts said...

What a lovely crafty space. Stunning layout. :)

Thank you for sharing and visiting my blog.
Maggie
#145

Kay Hammock said...

That page is just too cute! I can see that you love your desk - very good!

Happy WOYWW
Kay
#29

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab layout of the girls, am sure they'll love looking back in years to come. Hope you enjoy this week's snoop around the creative desks for WOYWW. I'm still nosing, I know it's Friday, but I will get to everyone! Take care Zo xx 81

sara j said...

Really nice layout...saw your post as Sarah J on the WOYWW and did a double take...I signed mine Sara J...I'll use me name next time!! Nice blog.

Lisa-Jane said...

That's a great layout and that paper is just fabulous!

scrappymo! said...

Stop by my blog if you get a minute...I nominated you for a Liebster blog award.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Hi Sarah!
Found your blog from Scrappy Mo's award and so glad I did... Supprised I had not visited before from WOYWW since I been doing that for quit a while too...I enjoyed my visit so much I just became a Follower and hope you'll stop by my blog and do the same!
Until next time.
Dotty A