Gosh, almost a month since I last posted on my little blog! I have been busy crafting. I've just not had time to take photos of my layouts and blog them!
So, last weekend I headed off to the Artful Angels Crop and spent a very enjoyable day scrapping some Christmas photos. Well, actually it was just a few hours! It was my birthday and I arrived late (after H had insisted on making me a birthday breakfast!) and left early as hubby and H wanted to take me out for a yummy cream tea!!
But, anyway I still managed a couple of pages at the crop.
But, anyway I still managed a couple of pages at the crop.
I take a hundred million photographs at Christmas but hardly ever scrap them. I'm not sure why that is, but whilst looking through my albums a couple of weeks ago, I realised I had big gaps and a serious lack of Christmas layouts. I decided to fill those gaps and reduce the pile of photos!
For my first page I used a panel of Simple Stories paper, a border and stickers from Echo Park This and That Christmas, Fancy Pants alphas, stickers and alphas from Studio Calico's Yearbook collection and a few gems.
Sorry for the dreadful photo of this page! There is hardly any decent light at this time of year.
These photos were taken last Christmas whilst we were waiting with H to see Santa. The approach to his grotto, where we had to queue was decorated as a beautiful Winter Wonderland. I still need to add some journalling to this layout in the space over on the right hand side!
A close up of the overlapped border stickers, alphas and gems! I also put gems in the centre of the snowflakes - I think you can see them better in the first picture!
For my next layout I wanted to record how H always leaves out drink and snacks for Santa for on Christmas Eve. This particular photo was taken a few years ago when we spent the holidays, staying with family.
This one was quite quick to do, a few strips of EP This & That paper (with the edges inked), green washi tape, a title created with an EP This & That "Christmas" sticker and black glitter thickers, a few buttons, green twine, a journalling card and I was done. Although I think I will add the year the photo was taken.
Do you have photos still to scrap from Christmas past? Or do you scrap them as soon as the festive season is over?
Before I go, don't forget to pop over to the S J Crafts Blog - the new challenge has just gone live and this month there's a prize of a £5 voucher to spend in the shop!
Thanks for stopping by xx
8 comments:
Two wonderful layouts! I never wseem to get the layouts aof Christmas that I have in my head done. I always do the tree and opening the gifts...but I would like to do sort of a December Daily...it might even be a Dec weekly at my rate.
I would like to record all those precious things we do at Christmas that we sort of just do...like drive out to view the lights in special neighbourhoods. Sing Christmas carols, throw a Xmas party, address the cards...etc
Maybe I will finally do it and then think it is boring...but I hope i will love it!
This might be the year. DH is retired now and I will be much, much better by then!
Great Layouts Sarah Love the papers you have used.
Jenny x
Both layouts are gorgeous! I adore the colours you have used. I still haven't tried scrapbooking yet! I keep meaning - one day I really must! xx
Hi Sarah, well if these are examples of how you would scrap Christmas pics, if you did more, then please do more because these are stunning....... Crafty hugs, Anne x
Two great layouts. I don't really scrap a lot of Christmas photos, I think it's because once Christmas is over I don't want to be looking at Christmas papers...probably because I'm sad Christmas is over! :) x
Lovely layouts there Sarah. The little details are great and glad to learn I am not the only one who leaves cake, sherry and carrot out for Santa and Rudolph!! Although "Santa" has told me he sometimes fancies a Big Mac! LOL!
I will try and join your challenge too.....just need about 8 extra hours a day! Thanks for visiting!
x
I love them and the papers are great! I'm still finishing last Christmas and before that is very hit and miss!
Sarah - you should consider trying Shimelle's JYC. i've done the past five years and find it's a fantastic way to scrap christmas.
both layouts are lovely - super choice of papers x
Post a Comment