6 March 2013

A Scrapbooking Weekend!


Last weekend I spent a wonderful few days away at this converted barn nestled deep in the Dorset countryside with the lovely Lisa-Jane and 5 scrapbooking friends. Well, a couple of the ladies I had actually only met once or twice previously but by the end of the weekend I definately now consider them to be friends!!
 
We ate yummy food, drank gallons of tea and coffee, enjoyed home baked cakes, had the odd glass (or two) of wine,  chatted, laughed, relaxed and of course scrapped late into the night.


Some of the ladies spent time relaxing in the hot tub, swimming or in the gym but the most excercise I got was a lovely walk around the grounds of the farm.
 
Along this lane ....


... and around this lake and the second lake which you can't quite see in this photo as it was on beyond the trees!
 
 

I managed 5 completed layouts and well into a 6th, although some ladies made 10 or 11 pages .... maybe I chatted a little more than I created!!
 
I'll be back soon to show you the layouts!
 

5 comments:

Sandie said...

It seems a popular weekend for retreats Sarah, I was away and another friend was at another. Yours looks lovely in the farmhouse and the idea of the open space and a hot tub is very appealing. Oh! And there was crafting! What more could a girl want?! lol Glad you had such a good time x

Lou said...

it looks like a hive of activity there Sarah. Good to hear you had a lovely time x

Sandra said...

Glad you had a great time

Craftychris said...

How lovely! I am glad you had such a fab time and made new friends too! xx

Redanne said...

Hi Sarah, it looks idyllic and I cannot imagine anything nicer than spending a weekend with like-minded friends. Thanks for your visit too. Hugs, Anne x