6 December 2013

My Christmas 2013 Journal

Hi everyone
December and the build up to Christmas is always crazy busy in this house but it really is one of the most wonderful times of the year for me! 
I take a million photographs throughout the festive season - ok, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I do take a lot!

Each year I like to select a few favourites or the ones that tell a story or were taken at special events we have been to and get them into my albums.
This year I've decided to make a smaller book as well as some larger 12" x 12" layouts that will go into my main album.

Here is my first page in my book:



The page is 7" x 7" and I'm using an album I've had in my stash for a while now. 




The album is plain cream pages held together with a book ring. The front and back covers are thick chipboard which I will also decorate as I don't think lime green arrows are very festive!


For several years now I have loosely followed Shimelle Laine's Journal Your Christmas. This is a class which for a very reasonable initial cost gives you access every year so you can follow the daily prompts year after year if you wish.

For my Christmas book I'm using a variety of supplies , some older and some brand new. For this first page I used a sheet of Echo Park This n That Christmas matted onto red cardstock and added some Simple Stories December Documented papers and stickers, wood veneer stars, enamel dots and red gems to embellish.



Do you have a separate album/journal or book for recording December and Christmas? 
Have you started to scrap the season already or do you wait until January?

Happy December!

Sarah x

9 comments:

Daphne said...

Thanks Sarah for your comment! Seems we both had some blogging time today. I really love your first page - plain and simple but with the most important bits! I haven't tried using a book ring yet, so I might give it a try when it works for you! x

Jo said...

That looks great and I really can't wait to see the rest of it. I sort of follow JYC too, I keep more of a picture diary with a bit of journalling and if we've had a bit of a boring day I look at the JYC prompts to fill the page :) x

Jennifer Grace said...

Your start to the album looks brilliant, I love the woodgrain! I always have plans to do a December journal, and it never works out... I have been taking at least one photo everyday just in case though! x

Lou said...

My Christmas journal is more a daily photo of our December activities. Yours is looking great. It feels good to use up old stash doesn't it x x

Sandie said...

Love the wood effect cover, Sarah. Yes, I've blogged about my album, I have done single pages for the past 2 times and this occasion I am doing one with a hidden hinge. Like you I am using up old stash and I'm feeling satisfied that I haven't
spent anything on materials this time round.

Stephanie said...

Great 1st page, that woodgrain paper is really pretty!

Lisa-Jane said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are playing along! It looks great and I do love using up old supplies too.

Sandra said...

It's one of my most favourite projects in the year. Looking forward to seeing more

Susanne said...

Looks good - I like that you've sprinkling stars and bits on the cover.