These days I have less time and tend to work quicker, make snap decisions about what stash to use and stick it down as I go along!!!
So, I thought it might be fun to take some photos of my layout in progress, at each stage to share with you.
First I chose my photos, I had taken about a dozen of H playing "Wash Up" in the garden a few years ago but I thought these 4 worked well together. I picked out a sheet of kraft for my base cardstock and considered a few patterned papers but quickly decided on this sheet from Crate's Neighborhood Collection. I trimmed it so it was slightly smaller than the Kraft. I had a quick rummage through my stash and came across some thickers and a journalling card which seemed to go nicely. Decision made....no messing about like I used to!
I cropped my photos and arranged then in a block in the centre of the paper and stuck them down, something I would never have done a year ago. I do leave the edges free though in case I want to tuck anything in behind.
Next I punched a border using my new Fiskars Bracket Border Punch using the strips of paper I had trimmed off the first sheet, just the reverse side this time!!
and attached it to the top and bottom of the photo mat.
I stuck down the journalling card to the bottom left
I had some stickers near at hand which I used as a base for my title which are Glitter Thickers. I rarely spend long thinking about a title, just something obvious really. I'm sure there are better titles but I like to keep it simple!
Next I wanted to frame the photos so I added a K & Co border sticker along the bottom and wrote my journalling with a Sharpie Pen. There wasn't quite enough space so on went another journalling spot!
To finish I had a quick look at the sticker sheets on my table & one saying "Little Sweetie" went in the top left corner with a couple of dots from the Thickers Pack. A handy scrap of the paper was just right for a few punched butterflies. A tiny flower, some gems and I'm all done!!
I know of scrappers who take longer choosing supplies and thinking about the design and producing beautiful pages but for me I don't have as much time these days and with so many photos to scrap and stories (and details) to get down on paper before I forget I find working quickly and making decisions quicker works for me.
Do you scrap quickly or take time considering your options and ideas? Has your scrapping process changed since you started scrapping? I'd love to know!
4 comments:
A great post and a lovely layout. I've changed this year too and seem to go for sticking down quickly instead of faffing like I used to :)
Now that I am a Mummy I have very litle time to scrap so your post here has inspired me to give quick scrapping a go.
Great to hear you feel inspired to try "Quick Scrapping" Anne...look forward to seeing the results!!x
It's such a lovely layout :) I'm with you, I used to take far too long faffing about - now I tend to stick and then think I should have moved things around LOL.
Post a Comment