12 March 2012

Budget Challenge for Scrapbook Magazine

It seems like ages ago that I was first asked if I would take up the "Budget Challenge" for Scrapbook Magazine. Of course I said "Yes"!! The next available slot, they told me, was for issue 62!!

I made my 3 layouts using just £10 of supplies, typed up the text and e mailed it off to SBM back before Christmas. Then we had a long wait ... until last week when issue 62 was on sale. I was so excited as I opened up the magazine to see my layouts in print!


Two of my layouts featured my daughter so you can imagine her delight at seeing her photos in the magazine!!

These are the layouts I made using mainly Crate Paper's Random Collection


These photos were taken in the Butterfly House at the Natural history Museum in London.
I punched little circles and positioned them down the edge of the photos to create a scallop border.


More punched circles and punched butterflies make up the row of embellishments below the pictures.


For this layout I distressed the edges of the patterned papers, punched a few butterflies, added a "beautiful" sticker and a title and I was done!

The pink dots on the butterflies are from my pack of Thickers letters. I would usually use gems/pearls but my £10 worth of stash wouldn't stretch that far so I used the full stop instead!


My 3rd layout uses up the scraps of pattern paper that were left. I punched the edges with my bracket border punch and layered them up. I made 3 embellishments from punches circles with a button centre. The journalling reads "On our weekend trip we visited Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, a lovely place with amazing views, pretty cottages and great for taking photos!"


One of the things I found difficult with such limited supplies was only having one pack of letters for my titles and not being able to dip into different packs and sheets of alphas!!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

Well done on being featured and for managing the challenge! I must get hold of a copy now. I think you did really well with some carefully chosen supplies - they look great!

Craftychris said...

Your pages are fabulous. Well done being published and completing the challenge xx

dragonllew said...

Fab layouts and congrats on being published.
Jenny x

Redanne said...

Your layouts are lovely Sarah and really, really well done on getting published. Isn't it amazing what you can do on a small budget?

scrappymo! said...

Well done you!
10 pound budget for 3 pages...you did a great job.

Lou said...

That is some challenge Sarah! Fabulous layouts xx will have to pick up a copy of the mag now so i can have a closer look :) x

Carole Wright said...

Hi Sarah, congratulations and well done. Lovely layouts.

Jennifer Grace said...

These pages all look gorgeous, well done for managing them all on a tight budget! They look fabulous in the magazine. I love the full stops on the butterfly centres! x