17 April 2012

Shimelle's On Line Crop

Oh dear, long time since I last blogged.

I won't bore you with reasons why!

Let's just say life got in the way of my scrapping and blogging time!

Anyway, last weekend the lovely Shimelle hosted an on line crop. I was determined to find an hour or two to scrap. I decided to have a go at the first challenge which was to create a layout inspired by this beautiful page by Jaime Warren. Details of the challenge are here!

scrapbook page by jaime warren


I loved the placement of the photo and the papers at the top and bottom and the clusters going off the edges .... so I took those elements and came up with this page:


I am making an effort to scrap some more of H's baby photos - this one is from 2004!

I used up some old Crate Mia paper for my background, MME Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks 6" x 6" paper, Echo park chipboard and some scraps of Crate Random paper and various stickers from my stash!


The scattered embellishments across the page is a new idea for me, but I do like the finished look!

Here's hoping I manage at least another one or two of Shimelle's challenges!!

6 comments:

Jo said...

I love this layout, it's gorgeous x

Redanne said...

Sarah, sorry to hear that life stopped you from scrapping, but you certainly came back with a bang, this layout is simply gorgeous, love the colours and the design.

Craftychris said...

Its worth the wait, your page is gorgeous! The colours and layout are perfect with the lovely photo xx

Lou said...

love your take on the layout Sarah...lovely colours x

Lisa-Jane said...

Such a wonderful layout! Its on my list for tomorrow. Yes please to lots of cups of tea although at the moment I will not be going anywhere :-( Hoping to see more of your challenges soon.

Katherine said...

What a super page, I love your use of the 6" papers...I'm enjoying Shimelles challenges but only managed 3!!!