I am delighted to be participating in Jennifer's Frosty Festivities Blog Hop this evening!
Jennifer is hosting a fabulous blog event all this weekend with posts every hour all on the theme of winter including tips, tutorials, challenges, crafting, and lots of giveaways!!
Hopefully you have have arrived here from Gallo Organico where I hope you enjoyed your visit to Rinda's lovely blog! If not, welcome and if you want to join in the blog hop from the start there is a complete list over on Jennifer's blog.
If you've been following the blog hop, you will know by now that one lucky winner will win this amazing prize. At the end of this post I'll remind you how you can win it!
![]() |
| Carta Bella Winter Fun and Basic Grey Aspen Frost Goodies to be won!! |
When I started thinking about Winter and Frosty and planned this blog hop post, my mind went back to one of our visits to family in Northern Ireland when the weather was particularly chilly and "snow was in the air". My daughter was 6 at the time and hadn't really seen a lot of snow up until then. We live on the south coast of England, very close to the sea and even when the rest of the county, further inland, is snow covered we might get just a sprinkling if we're (un)lucky!
A few days before Christmas Day, the white stuff started to come down thick and fast and H wasted no time in getting wrapped up and went out in Granny's garden to play.
A few days before Christmas Day, the white stuff started to come down thick and fast and H wasted no time in getting wrapped up and went out in Granny's garden to play.
I used mostly Carta Bella's winter fun collection for this layout, adding just a few buttons and white brads, Studio Calico aqua thickers letters, Mister Huey white mist and faded jeans distress ink (to ink the edges of my papers).
A few days later, still in Northern Ireland, as we sat down to our Christmas dinner, fresh snow began to fall again and we had a true "white Christmas"!
H was back outside in the garden as soon as dinner was over!
She didn't even stop to change out of her Christmas party dress!!
I've been wanting to use my sewing machine and hexagons for a while and recently came across this layout by Pam Brown and took my inspiration from it to combine the sewing and hexagons on my layout!
A few days later, still in Northern Ireland, as we sat down to our Christmas dinner, fresh snow began to fall again and we had a true "white Christmas"!
H was back outside in the garden as soon as dinner was over!
She didn't even stop to change out of her Christmas party dress!!
![]() |
| A White Christmas! |
So details of how to win that fabulous prize!
To be in with a chance of wining you will need to comment on all the blogs in the hop, finishing at www.jennifersjumbles.blogspot.com and let Jennifer know you've been all the way around. All entries must be received by Monday 19th November 10.59pm GMT. Good luck!
Thanks for hopping to my blog today .... your next stop is with the lovely Sian at From High In The Sky
Sarah x



42 comments:
oh how lovely. The photos and those papers are wonderful. Especially the weather journaling spot x
love your layout.
Hooray for a properly white Christmas! And hooray for a lovely layout :) The white mist is perfect!
Lovely photo and a great LO :)
Lovely photo, and gorgeous layout
Great LO - I've just dusted my sewing machine off so may have to use it!!
a lovely layout, I do wish I had a sewing machine!
Love the LO and the stories behind it,
Jo xxx
the photo is amazing and the page is perfect for that snowy scene!
I suspect I know just the White Christmas you might be talking about :) Absolutely lovely!
What a lovely page....the sprinkling of hexagons are just perfect. I do love that Winter Fun collection.
Such a beautiful layout Sarah and I love the photos!
Your layout looks fantastic! I love the loose threads on the stitching. And now you've made me want the winter fun collection too. And the distress ink. Perhaps I'll ask Santa for them!
Thanks for joining in with the Blog Hop! x
Super layout...love the papers!!
I love the snowy photo taken on Christmas day and isn't your daughter happy about it all
A lovely way to keep some special photos and memories.
I also love the stitching and hexagons - it's a great page.
Lovely photos Sarah. Lovely to visit your shop too, you have some gorgeous things for sale.
I love how well the papers and other products you've used are perfect for a page about snow! Looks fab!
Gorgeous layout and I love the white mist dropped onto the layout - wondering if that would work well on my Christmas cards.
Those papers are gorgeous - love the added texture from the sewing
Great layout and great photos. Love the one in the party dress!
There's just something about snow that makes you smile. Lovely pics and layouts.
I love how you arranged the elements.
Rinda
A white Christmas - how lovely. as is your layout
Lovely design and I love the picture of your daughter with the BIG smile! :o)
Great LO. I love that your daughter was playing in the snow in her party dress :o)
This is such a gorgeous Christmas-y page!
I love this layout--the papers, the colors, the design, the focus on the photo!
I love this colour combination - really effective
Oh how fun to get a real white Christmas. I like the edged darker blue - really helps the pieces stand out. The stitching is such a nice addition of texture.
Lovely pictures of your daughter enjoying the snow!
Such a pretty dress it was too. Great pictures.
The last time we had Christmas in Scotland (2009) it w as actually snowing..it always makes it so special!
Alison xx
what a lovely page. Clean and crisp like the snow!
I love the LO and how great that you got a white Christmas :-)
Your layout is gorgeous, I love the sewing and the hexagons. How lucky to have a proper white Christmas x
Your page is beautiful. And so much snow! I'm envious!
Very pretty layout, you can tell the excitement in her face.
Pretty LO Sarah. Your Daughter looks so excited
Lovely layout Sarah. She looks so excited to be in the snow!
What fun to relook at this blog post...just dropping by to say Hi...Yes I am one lucky bunny lately!!!
Such a cute layout and love the picture :)
Post a Comment