16 March 2013

Rain or Shine

I've finally managed to photograph my layouts I made on my scrapbooking weekend retreat!
 
This was the first page I made and was based on Shimelles sketch two


I used some Simple Stories Vintage Bliss papers and stickers and had lots of room to journal the story of a day trip to a local country park when H was small and Daddy took her on the little steam train. They bought tickets and hopped aboard, all smiles in the sunshine (left hand photo on the layout). Within a few minutes of the train moving off, the grey rain clouds that had been threatening couldn't hold off and it began to rain. It was only a short shower - but trust the good ol' British weather to choose that moment to rain!!


 
For the rest of the journey, H had her little hood up and snuggled into Daddy. She still loved her train ride!
 
I love how cute she looks, sucking her thumb and just look at Daddy's sad face 'cos he got a little bit wet!
 
I sheltered on the platform keeping nice and dry, waiting for the train to return!!
 
I'll be back to share a few more of my scrapping weekend layouts soon.
 
Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
 
 

5 comments:

Lou said...

a lovely page Sarah.I have some photos like these that i need to scrap x

Jo said...

That is a great layout with a lovely story x

Sandra said...

What a lovely layout

Lisa-Jane said...

Love all the bits and pieces on this one Sarah and the pictures are so cute!

Sandie said...

A lovely page Sarah, and I love your husband's face!