October's "Six on the 6th" went live on the S J Crafts blog earlier today here!
Did you know it's only 80 days until Christmas??!!
So, yes - it's definitely time to get started on those cards, if you haven't already.
Even if you only join in with "Six on the 6th" for October, November and December you'll still have 18 cards all made and ready to send!
For my six cards this month I chose to use some Echo Park papers and stickers from the "Reflections Christmas" collection that I had won in an EP Facebook competition recently and teamed them up with a Glitz Designs "Hello December" 6" x 6" Pad. I started by taking some 12" x 12" sheets of Bazzill card in White, Stonehenge and Maraschino and cutting, scoring and folding them to make 5" square card blanks.
I decided on a red/grey/white colour (with a tiny bit of green!) scheme for this month's six cards.
I made each card in a similar way, layering up the background papers (lightly inking the edges with grey ink) and adding doilies and stickers.
I love this red woodgrain paper from the Hello December pad.
I added wood veneer snowflakes, pearls and "splattered" a little white Mister Huey on some of the cards.
One of the Echo park sheets of papers was little vintage postcards and another was little bingo cards so I cut these up into small panels that I could use as embellishments.
On some of my cards I stamped a greeting and added twine to this one:
and a strip of red glitter tape to this one:
I made this one last and I think it's probably my favourite .... I like the simplicity of it!
Here's some detail/close ups for you:
So what are you waiting for??
Grab some supplies and make your 6 cards!!
Even though the S J Crafts Design Team reveal their cards on the 6th of each month, you have all month (until 5th November) to link up your cards using the Linky tool at the bottom of this post. Each month you join in and link up also gives you another entry into the draw to win a box of crafty stash!!
Have you started your Christmas crafting yet?


5 comments:
these are so lovely Sarah. I'll be linking up with mine this week...i hope x
Oh they're absolutely gorgeous, and oohhh what fabulous papers
Great cards Sarah my favourite is the snowman one. I have some cards to link up in a couple of days
Jenny x
Gorgeous cards Sarah, love them all, especially the snowman , Carole Z xx
Not sure how I missed these before but I love every single one of them! Such a great collection.
Post a Comment