4 April 2011

* House Renovations Part 2 *

I had hoped to post Part 2 yesterday but just didn't get chance. The day started very early as I was woken around 7.30am with pressies, cards and flowers. Then it was off to the Dance School as H had a tap dancing examination. Fingers crossed she did okay! It was such a lovely sunny day we decided to go out for a walk on the beach and I was treated to lunch out as it was Mother's Day. Hope all Mums had an equally fabulous day!

So, anyway on with Part 2 of the lounge renovations!!

Once all the replastering was done, our builder fitted a new radiator!!


With the structural stuff done it was time for us to take over with the painting and decorating. We painted the walls, wallpapered the feature wall and painted the fireplace white! A new electric stove finished the fireplace and looks really cosy with the flame effect on. If we had known how difficult it would be papering around a chimney breast we would have had a rethink but it was a case of now we've started .... we have to finish!


So, now that the walls are painted, the feature wall done, window frame painted .... we could start laying the new wood floor!!


This is about where we are up to. It's a long, slow job as we only have the weekends and hubby has managed an hour or two some evenings.

We STILL have to finish the floor, fit skirting boards and the door architrave, put up the new curtain pole and ceiling lights. I'm sure it will be worth it when it's done!

6 comments:

Lou said...

its coming along nicely - love the wallpaper :)

Jo said...

I have been waiting with anticipation for this post and you've left me hanging again :) It's looking good so far and I can't wait to see the progress you make. Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday......I spent 2 hours cutting the grass and my daughter wouldn't even make me a brew :) x

Sandra said...

Its looking wonderful, I bet you keep standing back and smiling at it all :) It's gorgeous wallpaper you've picked, oohh it's going to looks so cozy and scrummy.

Anne said...

I love the wallpaper. It looks so cosy. It is going to look lovely when it is all finished.

Kerry said...

That wallpaper is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished result.

Rachel Brett said...

It looks gorgeous already, I love the wallpaper :)