Every year, about now, once the new school term is in full swing and the darker evenings are here my thoughts begin to turn to Christmas. I don't mean I rush out and shop for gifts and wrap (oh no, I tend to leave that until at least the end of November!) but I do like to really get "stuck into" my christmas cards. Most years I'm still making cards 2 days before the 25th even though I start early.
I have already made a couple a few weeks ago but today I realised I really do need to start making cards in serious numbers if I'm to have any chance of having enough cards made in time this year.
So today I made these two:



I have already made a couple a few weeks ago but today I realised I really do need to start making cards in serious numbers if I'm to have any chance of having enough cards made in time this year.
So today I made these two:
The patterned paper is MME It's the season paper and the stamps are from the Oh Christmas Tree clear stamps set.
For the first card I heat embossed the image with silver silver sparkle embossing powder, then mounted it onto some red cardstock. I made the background with more of the red and a piece of the MME Paper, knotting green ribbon around it before mounting it to the square card blank. I used mounting foam tape to raise the stamped image up a little and finished off with some little gem stones. Quick and easy!!
I used promarkers to colour the stamped images for this one, then cut them out, and put glossy accents on them which when dry made them look lovely and shiny. The little trees are then mounted on a piece of kraft and red cardstock and then using foam tape to stick them to the background which is made from a square of the patterned paper and more Kraft. I then popped a green candi in each corner to finish. Again very quick and easy (apart from the glossy accents drying time!!)
Have you started Christmas cards yet?
4 comments:
Two lovely cards Sarah - care to come round here and help with mine when you're done? :)) Di xx
Great cards Sarah I've started mine but still have loads to make think I'm going to go make a few this afternoon. Love the blog makeover.
I really like the placement on both of these and the colours in the MME papers are wonderful. Might have to steal these ideas for mine!
These cards are lovely, I think I've still got some of the paper with text on left over, now I know what to do with it! x
Post a Comment