19 October 2011

Party Time!!

I haven't taken an on line class for a while so when I received an invite to Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party I decided to join in and sent back my RSVP. I have a ton of paper so some encouragement to cut into it and new ideas to use it up can only be a good thing!

So, my first page is using strips of paper. I gathered together my box of offcuts and scraps and this is the layout I came up with.


This really took be out of my comfort zone, with so many patterns and bold colours but I think I quite like the result. The photo is of me and H at Gold Hill in Shaftesbury, the scene of the famous Hovis advert!


I used my nestabilities dies to cut the scalloped circles, crumpled them up a bit, inked the edges and added a button, ric rac and red thread.

If you haven't visited my shop yet, please do pop over and have a browse at the new goodies including the lovely Echo Park Times and Seasons. Also keep an eye on the shop blog for a very special offer starting tomorrow!!

12 comments:

ForgedinPaper said...

Love this LO and the papers you used. Even better when it's getting the scraps used as well and not wasting fab paper.

Denise said...

Hello, just popping over from class- love the colours and papers you have used for your layout :-)

Jo said...

Gorgeous layout, lovely papers and beautiful photo x

scrappyjacky said...

Love how your patterns all work so well together.

Emma-Janes Scrap and Sew said...

Lovely layout. What a great place to visit to!

Lisa-Jane said...

Great colours! Its a fabulous class isn't it?!

Lou said...

enjoy your class Sarah. a great layout x

Carole said...

Love this layout! Love the papers you have chosen - perfect!

Sandie said...

I love the colours you used, Sarah. That is somewhere I want to visit one day.

Katherine said...

What a great page, love the patterns and embellishments - and so lovely to find a fellow party go-er - it is great being put a little outside your comfort zone - I'm actually quite enjoying - takes all the decision making out of my crafting:)

humel said...

Oh - lovely, lovely! :) The patterns work so well together, and I just adore the embellishments! x

Jennifer Grace said...

I really love the mix of patterns on this, and the bright alphas look fantastic! x