1 December 2011

JYC preparations

I'm already to go with my Christmas journal!

I've decided to keep it small this year and to help me acheive my goal to complete a page each day through December I've cut my cardstock into 6" x 6" pages. I've got 20 pages done and plan to add in a few extras as I go along in different sizes or I may use patterned paper for a few.


I've sorted through my papers and made a pile of christmas papers and added in some non Christmassy patterned papers that could also be used. I'm aiming to use up old stash for this project! One of the papers is from 2007!!


I have another pile of plain cardstock scraps which I will use to mat photos, punch/die cut shapes and make borders etc! Again using up the odds and ends so there is an assortment of colours there!


This is my "journaling" pile .... an assortment of strips of paper, journal cards, titles and a few punched tag shapes .... you may spot a few die cuts there too which I've already pushed out from the backing sheet to save time!

I've also sorted out some punches, stamps, inks, stickers, embellishments, alphas etc but for some reason didn't take a pic of them.

All the papers & cardstock are now in clear 12 x 12 bags and I'll pop the rest into a basket so I have everything together.

Shimelle's 1st prompt has arrived in my in box and I've already made a start on my first page!
Let the Christmas Countdown begin!

4 comments:

Lou said...

looks like a good selection you have there Sarah! have fun x

Sandra said...

Looks like a fun stash you've got there. In my book there is nothing wrong in using old stash, especially when it looks so gorgeous :)

Dee Birks said...

Old stash is great -- it adds variety.

Jo said...

Your Christmas stash looks great, I'm using mainly old papers this year. Can't wait to see your pages x