8 May 2012

Biddys Layout!

I hope you have all had a wonderful long bank holiday weekend!

My daughter was in a show with her dance school on Sunday so our weekend was busy with last minute costume preparations, rehearsals on Saturday and then the actual show on Sunday afternoon but I did manage to squeeze in a little crafting.

I seem to have a pile of "half done" layouts which all just needed finishing off so over the weekend I settled down and got a couple of them finished. 


Last year, whilst in Northern Ireland visiting family, my hubby and I got a rare couple of days away on our own in Donegal whilst H enjoyed some quality time with Grandparents! On the way to Donegal we stopped at the famous Irish Pub, Biddys O' Barnes, nestled at the foot of the Blue Stack mountains. I adore old traditional pubs like "Biddys", with it's original flagstones still on the floor and roaring open fires!!


I used mainly Echo Park's Note to Self papers, alphas and stickers. The brown woodgrain paper is from MME's Miss Caroline collection and I added some brown tiny letter stickers and used my EK Success punch to create the notebook border edge. All the papers are inked with brushed corduroy distress ink.

A fairly simple page but right now I'm all about getting the photos into my albums and the memories written down! 
Note to me: Add the date to this layout!!

I'll be back soon to show you the other layout I got finished!

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

dragonllew said...

Lovely layout, love that punch.
Jenny x

Redanne said...

I love your layout Sarah, simple but beautiful and what a lovely way to remember such a wonderful time in Ireland. Anne x

Craftychris said...

Lovely layout, fab colours and papers. I have so many photos I would like to make layouts for but never seem to get round to it. Or maybe I am just scared! I have not tried scrapbooking yet! xx

Lou said...

I do like those papers Sarah - fab page x

Lisa-Jane said...

That's a fab layout Sarah! I love the colours in that series and they go so well with the picture. I love old pubs like that too.

Jo said...

I love this layout, perfect papers for the picture.