13 June 2012

Collected Memories

You know when you see a layout or a project that you really like and you put the idea away in the back of your mind, carefully stored away for weeks and weeks, sometimes many months until the day when you sit down and in need of some inspiration you recall that layout or project - well this layout came about like that!!


I had several photos of my daughter from Autumn/Winter 2011, none of the photos were all that great and I didn't feel inclined to make a different layout for each photo, but I did want to include them in my album somehow. Then I remembered Shimelle's 6 x 4 photo love series which was all about ways to incorporate lots of photos in one layout! 

This one in particular caught my eye and was the basis of my layout!



The pull out accordion section holds the extra photos and journalling. 

And there's more photos on the back!

My patterned papers and embellishments are mainly Fancy Pants Childish Things and MME Miss Caroline and the "Collected Memories" tag is Elles Studio


I love that I've managed to get lots more photos into my album and recorded some of the events of September to December 2011.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Sarah, what a lovely layout and a great idea to have some hidden pictures and text, it gives an element of surprise - fantastic idea. Anne x

Jo said...

All I can say is wow! Love the colours and the photos are great x

Lou said...

this is lovely Sarah...x

Craftychris said...

so gorgeous and I love the butterfly paper xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Those papers go so well together and it has all worked brilliantly.

Sandie said...

That's great Sarah. Some photos shout out to be used but don't always ask for a 12x12 page. I love the idea of adding the text too.