17 September 2012

Craft Space Reorganisation - The Before!

So, as I mentioned on my last few posts I have been thinking about reorganising my craft space to make it work better for me. I want to spend less time rummaging for supplies and more time actually creating!! 

My craft space is in our dining area. I scrapbook on the dining table. We rarely eat at the table in this house. Good job really!! My stash is stored in the corner, just behind where I sit.

Earlier this year I got a 2 x 2 Expedit unit (see this post) and although I love it, a lot of my stash was stored on shelves that are too narrow to be useful.

So, over the weekend hubby and I had a conversation about how we could reorganise the room better - it also stores some of our daughter's books and board games on more shelves that really are too narrow, and agreed another Expedit unit would work better. So off to Ikea we went!! No point wasting time!

Before photos of my craft corner!




It is hard to reach stuff at the back of the bottom 2 shelves but this is the only way they would fit into the space. The boxes in the Expedit unit are also in a bit of a mess!




Today, I have built my lovely new Expedit and moved the room around so that the two units fit next to each other.

I will be using 4 cubes for stash and 4 cubes will be for family books and the board games so that both the "too narrow" shelves can be got rid of.

I'll show you some after pics when it's all done!!

Do you store your craft stash in the expedit system or a similar units? I'd love to see so please do leave a link or any tips you can give for organising craft supplies.


7 comments:

Redanne said...

Well done Sarah for making an excellent start! Love your new storage. I shop at the same famous Swedish shop that you do but have got Billy bookcases which are about 6 ft tall and the bottom 3ft have cupboard doors on so that bits and bobs can be stored without being too tidy. Same problem as you though, the printer takes up a lot of space! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Lou said...

looking good! x

Lisa-Jane said...

Its good to have a sort out isn't it?! I find its always a work in progress as we carry on crafting and tweak the bits that are not working so well.

MiniOwner said...

Well done for even starting, Sarah. It's looking good. Will you come over and sort mine next? LOL
Sue x

Jennifer Grace said...

Looking good so far!

Maggie said...

Isn't it great to get organised! Your new craft corner looks fab! I blogged about my craft room a couple of months ago for the "Where bloggers create party", sadly it's not as tidy now as it was then!

ForgedinPaper said...

I scrap in the dining room as well and have mostly annexed the table as well. DH always laughs if he comes home early and finds the table completely covered. It looks good.