14 September 2012

You Can Sit Up!

I'm continuing with my stash busting and using up my paper scraps and half used sticker sheets.

Also, still working through the baby photos of H. This one was taken in 2004 on one of the first times that she sat up for more than a minute or two without support. Up until then she had been supported with a cushion or had fallen over within 20 seconds or so.


It is very similar to the "You Are One" layout I did last week, with lots of white space and a cluster to the top right of the page but as the pages will be away from each other in my album it doesn't matter to me that they are similar.

I used a full sheet of So Happy - criss cross paper for my background (which I flicked some red paint onto) and the blue chevron paper,  stickers and journal card are all from the same collection. The cute little clip on the jouranlling card is a SMASH flag clip. I used up some old Jenni Bowlin circle stickers that I've had for years and added a few more stickers from Little Bo Peep.  The title is a real mix of Studio Calico thickers, a Dear Lizzy word sticker and some tiny alphas. A few pearls and gems scattered around to finish off.


The journalling reads "This was one of the first times you sat up on your own, with no support for more than a minute or 2!! The photo was taken when you were 6 1/2 months old and I can remember just after it was taken you toppled over!!" 

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Lovely layout and your daughter is such a sweetie!
I like the way you used the bling randomly at the top right corner!

Redanne said...

Hi Sarah, you do make the most stunning layouts and love the way you are using up bits from your stash, wish I could be so dedicated! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Lisa-Jane said...

Great colours Sarah and I really like that placement. I like using the same design as it can look very different with changing the papers etc.

Sue Jones said...

great page

My not so simple life said...

beautiful layout, love all the little elements

Mole said...

Your page has a nice clean, simple feel to it - very effective.

fatmonica said...

I love the layout.Everything's so perfectly placed-a great way to stash bust!

Katherine said...

Beautiful page I love the splatters of bling rather than paint - gorgeous :)