6 September 2012

London!!

Is it really September? Yes!!!! Can you believe it?

We have been looking forward to September for ages .... and our few days away .... just the 3 of Us!! We caught an early train on Sunday morning and arrived into a beautiful sunny London!

Dumping our bags at our hotel, which was right opposite Kensington Gardens we strolled through the park enjoying the good weather.



The gates to Kensington Palace were adorned with flowers and tributes to Diana for the 15th anniversary of her death. 



I actually felt quite emotional and choked up!

We packed in a lot during our 3 days .....


Knightsbridge and Harrods followed by dinner at TGI Fridays!

Monday morning. I loved wandering around Portobello Road and Notting Hill. Just taking in the atmosphere. Enjoying the sunshine. Relaxing.


Of course, we couldn't resist a photo outside the bookshop that featured in the film! After a late brunch we took Hannah to Oxford Street for some serious shopping!




Whilst we were away it was my hubby's birthday so it seemed only fair the choice of show should be his!! He chose well!! Wicked was fantastic!! 



Hannah enjoyed her first experience of seeing a London Show!!



Tuesday morning was another gorgeous day with blue skies. Perfect for a lazy (and late!) breakfast at The Orangery, in Kensington Palace gardens!



There was just time for a wander around Convent Garden before catching our train home!

5 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow Sarah, you certainly packed a lot in! Hard to believe it is 15 years, I would have felt the same had I been there. I love Portobello Road, there is just nowhere else like it. Looks like you have lots more photos to scrap with now! Anne x

dragonllew said...

Looks like you had a great time.
Jenny x

lisa said...

Looks like you've been having a great time with great weather too. You've certainly managed to pack lots in.
Hugs Lisax

Lisa-Jane said...

Its definitely on our list of things to do. Looks like you had a great time and the weather was fab!

Jennifer Grace said...

Looks amazing! I'm glad you had a good time. I love the photo outside the bookshop! x