27 January 2013

The Lost Village

I realised I didn't show you the other layout I made at the crop a few weeks ago.

Tyneham is a Dorset village which was evacuated in the second world war, but the residents never returned and it's remained deserted ever since. It's now known as the "lost Village"

Many of the building are now ruins but there is loads of information about the  village and the villagers. The school is particularly interesting - as you enter the door you feel as you've stepped back in time - all the school books are laid out and name labels still sit above the coat hooks.

If you want to know more check out this website.



Last Summer, when my in laws were here visiting, we took a trip out there. 
The old phone box was a great background for a few photos with the grandparents.
From the village we walked out to Worbarrow Bay where the photos on this layout were taken.


I layered up patterned papers and washi tape and created my title with my favourite Wood grain Thickers.


I hope you've had a lovely weekend ... thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Carole Z said...

Super layout Sarah! I've never heard of this village, despite not living that far from Dorset..will check out the web link, thanks for sharing, Carole Z X

Jo said...

I have always wanted to visit the village but it didn't used to be open every day and I always seemed to be there when it was closed, I will try again this year :) Beautiful layout x

Lou said...

great layout Sarah - i've heard of this place too might have to check it out next time we are down that way x

Jennifer Grace said...

A very pretty layout! I love the 'say cheese' above the photos! x

Sandra said...

Oh it's such a lovely, lovely layout

Craftychris said...

An absolutely gorgeous layout. That old phone box is so cool! I didn't realise you lived in Bournemouth either! xx