8 April 2013

Anniversary Weekend Layout

This layout was another I made on my weekend away and  is a scraplift of this Pin on my Pinterest board. I've only recently started to use Pinterest but already I'm loving it as a great source of scrappy inspiration.

 
I've used just a few strips of patterned paper and the cluster of embellies keeps the focus on the photos! I do need to add the date to the tab on the top right corner.

 
The photos were taken on a weekend away last summer in the New Forest.
My hubby and I rarely get any time away on our own due to the difficulties of finding a babysitter (not sure baby sitter is the right term for a 9 year old but you get what I mean!!) so two days away in a hotel to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary was a wonderful treat!
 
In other news .... It's still the school holidays and I'm enjoying spending lots of time with H ... the non-spring like weather has meant trips to the cinema, shops, library and activities at home but she seems happy with that. We went out for lunch today and to visit a local museum tomorrow.
 
Those of you on school holidays with children ... what activities do you do when the weather is not great? ... I'm grateful for more ideas!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I love Pinterest, but I lose all track of time when I start looking lol. What a lovely lovely layout, and glad you got some time away to celebrate

Jo said...

That is a beautiful layout with great photos. I hope the sun shows itself for at least some of the holidays x

Lou said...

such lovely photos Sarah and your layout is lovely...i spy one of those cute camera's! x

Carole Z said...

Lovely layout Sarah - super photos! Carole Z X

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

I love pinterest too! Your layout is a great showcase for using 3 photos, I always worry that using more than one photo won't leave enough white space and I love white space!

Thanks for the comments on my blog, feel free to use the 'currently' idea, I've seen it one a few blogs now. Am going to try and do it as a monthly post.

scrappymo! said...

Great layouts...love the light you have through that window...you lucky girl!

I have a couple of iris carts full of unfinished layouts. They just need journalling but DH is better at that than I am. He can make jokes and remembers the order of things so the layouts flow...

Lisa-Jane said...

Crafting crafting crafting. Sometimes I prefer the rain ;-) Lovely colours on your layouts hun.