31 December 2010

* Goodbye 2010 *

So here we are on the last day of December, just a couple of hours before we welcome in 2011!! I didn't manage a Christmas post as things got so crazily busy, so I will do a quick review here. Thankfully we all recovered from the coughs, colds and ear infections that got us all in the run up to Christmas and finally we were all ready for the Big Day. Loads of food (far too much!) bought, pressies bought and wrapped, tree and decorations up!
The Tree!
This year Christmas Day was at "Our House" with relatives coming to stay. We had an anxious wait on the 23rd to see if their flight would arrive okay, with airports closing and flights cancelled due to the ice and snow, but they got here safely, 2 hours later than scheduled but at least they were here!!!
We also had my Dad over for Christmas Day and Boxing Day and my brother and his partner and two children popped over Christmas Day evening for supper and the kids pressies! Quite a houseful but lots of fun!!

Unwrapping Santa presents!

We had a lovely few days and then it was all over and on Monday it was "Sales shopping". I got a few good bargains, new boots and a bag and a couple of tops and a few bits for the "Young One".

The last few days have been all about relaxing, enjoying our new gifts, playing board games and generally chilling out. Lovely!

I would just like to wish all bloggers a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope 2011 brings you all that you wish for!

I will be back soon with a 2010 review and also my Christmas Journal.

2 comments:

Anne said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time with various family members. How nice. I hope 2011 is a great year for you. Anne x

Rachel Brett said...

Wow a busy but lovely sounding Christmas! Happy new year to you and yours Sarah :)