27 June 2011

* A Sketch and a Summer Weekend *

Hi Bloggers ... Monday morning again!! How did that come around so fast?!

Yesterday was very hot down here on the south coast so we spent most of the day out in the garden but I had to come inside for an hour in the afternoon as it just got too hot for me. I had already chosen a photo and some papers ready for a layout based on Shimelle's Sketch of the week so decided to make good use of my hour in the shade and finished off the page.




The photo is from our family holiday to Ibiza last October, taken on a day trip to Ibiza Town where we spent the afternoon wondering around the Old Town, taking in the sights and views!! I have used Kraft cardstock (again!) and papers are mainly Stella And Rose (MME), Thickers letters and a K & Co tag and chipboard buttons. I used a white acrylic paint dabber to apply paint with a brush to the edges and also splattered a little across the page by flicking the brush gently. It's the first time I've done this as I've also been a little apprehensive that the paint would go everywhere and make a mess but I quite like the effect!



I hope you had a lovely weekend. We were in the garden most of the day. D mowed the lawn, I did a little weeding and H played on her swing and in the sandpit. It was nice just to relax and spend time together.

And even had out first barbecue of the summer!!!


Have a great week!!


4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend and what a lovely layout

Jo said...

Gorgeous layout an it sounds like you had a great weekend

Lynn said...

Hi Sarah - thanks for visiting my blog. I love your layout from Shimelles sketch too!

Patricia said...

very beautiful page...