7 September 2012

Bouncy Chair Layout & Stash Busting!

So with H back to school yesterday and hubby back to work after a few days holiday, it's back to normal (whatever that is?!) in this house. 

With a quiet house yesterday and a couple of hours to myself I tackled my craft area and had a good sort through my stash and a much needed tidy up. I badly need to review my craft storage as I've a tendency to "not use it if I can't see it". 
I'm not quite sure how to make "my space" work for me at the moment. I know I need to have more of my supplies within reach and better organised so I can easily see what I have. But for now, I've sorted out the "piles of stash" and discovered lots of buried pretty things!!

I love the idea of Niki's "Only Scraps Allowed" challenge where she uses just one 12 x 12 sheet and the rest is all scraps and off cuts. So I've challenged myself to use up more of my scraps and "old stuff".

So with this idea in mind, I gathered together some supplies I've had a while and rummaged through my (now sorted! bag of paper scraps. I chose some older photos too - when H was a baby in her little bouncy chair!



The only complete sheet of paper I used was the cream bazzill for the background. Everything else was off cuts of paper, stickers from half used sheets, alphas from packs with most of the letters missing. I resisted cutting into anything new and used up lots of flowers, pearls and brads I've had for ages.



Looking at these photos now, I can hardly believe they were taken nearly 9 years ago! 

Do you use up your scraps or do you prefer to use new supplies?
How do you store your stash so that your older supplies don't get forgotten - any tips and ideas?

4 comments:

Lou said...

they are lovely photos of H, and well done on creating such a beautiful layout with one 12x12.

I don't think i buy a huge amount of supplies so a lot of my layouts include scraps x

Redanne said...

I would love to lie, but - ahem - I have an addiction to paper and card and I think, like you, I just hoard things and forget all about them. Every so often I sort through my drawers, bag up what I don't want and give it to the Grandchildren but then I buy more, put it away and the cycle begins again. I think I am a no-hoper so not much use to you with ideas......lol. I am sure you will find a way. A x

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous layout love the soft pretty colours. I'm not great at using scraps up perhaps cause they are smaller in cardmaking I put them all in a drawer and then let Aimee use them.
Jenny x

Lisa-Jane said...

It feels good to make a whole layout with older / cut stuff doesn't it?! In theory I file my scraps by colour but in reality, they are in a box and they never get sorted!