10 September 2012

You Are One!

Happy Monday to you! 
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! On Saturday I was at the Littlegreen Crop, with my shop and had once the shop was all set up I had a little time to do some scrapping alongside the lovely ladies that were there!

Inspired by Lisa-Jane's recent blog posts on using 6 x 6 papers which in case you missed them are herehere and here! and in line with my current Stash busting efforts - I grabbed a half used Crate Random 6 x 6 pad (with a fair few part used sheets in it!!) and came up with this layout.


Sorry, it's not a great photo - there is no decent daylight here today! 

I picked out a 6 x 6 sheet of denim paper to match H's little dress in the photo and trimmed it for a photo mat. I then added a "ruler" sticker, pink washi tape and a scrap of patterned paper from the pad which I punched with a Stampin Up border punch underneath the photo of H on her first birthday

I trimmed some more of the 6 x 6 papers and tucked them under the top of the photo. In the top right hand corner  2 more little stips of paper and some washi tape create a cluster to balance the layout.




My title is Dear Lizzy Glitter Thickers and I added some punched butterflies, tiny alpha stickers for the date, some little pink gems and a few "flicks" of pink paint!

Don't forget to add your projects made with 6" x 6" papers to this blog post by 16th September to be in with a chance of a prize!

I did start another layout at the crop but just need to finish it off before I can show you.

I'm also linking up with the September Soiree - a fun place to link up your projects hosted by the lovely Jennifer.

12 comments:

Sue Jones said...

That's Gorgeous!

Lou said...

I love this layout Sarah and all the white space x

Redanne said...

Beautiful layout Sarah, I love how you made a little layout in a bigger one, it is very striking. A x

Alison said...

Love this Sarah!
Alison xx

My not so simple life said...

beautiful layout, and well done using scraps

Claire said...

Gorgeous layout.
C xx

MiniOwner said...

Such a lovely LO, Sarah. It was good to see you again on Saturday. Thanks for coming. See you soon,
Sue xx

dragonllew said...

Lovely layout love all the scraps of paper.
Jenny x

Lisa-Jane said...

Thanks for the shout out! You've inspired me to use more white space again as I've not used this technique for a while and I love your pennant shapes too!

fatmonica said...

It's a gorgeous layout-I really like the way you've arranged everything,especially the little banners at the top.

Jennifer Grace said...

Great layout, it's so beautiful! I love the Random papers and you've used them so well. I love the cluster in the top right. And the glitter thickers are so pretty!

Thanks for joining in with my Scrapbooking Soiree! x

kate blue said...

Adorable! love the layers and I too just jumped on using 6 x 6 papers..I'm actually starting to get addicted to them lately lol!