10 April 2013

WOYWW #201 ~ Unfinished Layouts!!

Apart from last Saturday when I had a fabulous time cropping with my lovely friends Lisa-Jane and Paula at a 12 hour All Day Crop and helping to raise a few pennies for breast cancer, I haven't had the chance this school holiday to get scrapping! Last week we had some work done on our kitchen (new worktops, sink, tiling etc!) and there was a lot of dust (how does it travel all over the house?!) so all my crafty stashed stayed carefully packed away and protected from the mess!!
 
My Dad very kindly offered to look after H for the day today so after dashing around like a mad thing this morning catching up on jobs, errands and just a little bit of housework I have settled down at my table this afternoon for a little creative time!
 
As it's Wednesday I also thought I could join in with the weekly blog hop, WOYWW where we all get to have a nosey at each others desks. If you have no idea what I'm on about take a look at Julia's blog to find out and join in!

 
So, on my desk is a pile of half done layouts.
 
Actually there is 10 in total!!
 
I've taken the photo so you can also see how I use the floor and a chair beside me to pile my boxes and bags on so they are near at hand! I craft at my dining room table and hate getting up and down to get stuff from my storage unit.

 
Some of the "unfinished pages" just need dates or journalling .... others need titles and some like the one I'm currently working on (with the banners & pic of H sat on my knees) need just about everything!! I matted the photo and cut the banners last Saturday at the crop but got no further!
 
Do you always finish layouts or do you have a pile of unfinished pages too? I'd love to know!
 

17 comments:

Unknown said...

There are some serious crafting goodies waiting to be played with on your desk. happy crafting. #86

Angela said...

Hi Sarah, you've been so busy! Your scrapbooking layout is most inspiring, love the colours, thank u for sharing ur creative space, have a good week, enjoy your new kitchen!

Angela #117

Monica said...

Spreading everything out and just jumping in is so much fun and in-spite of all the interruptions what lovely pages you are creating.
Monica 107

Winnie said...

Such fun goodies there! I have lots of unfinished projects, not scrapbook layouts, but cards, and canvases. When I am pressed, or can't get something to "work" I put it away for another day. Your work is just lovely. Your subject is adorable too! Winnie#75

jill said...

Hi Sarah , thanks for wanting to follow me . I always try to finish a Lo before moving on to anonther one . I hope it doesn't take you to long getting yours finished. Happy woyww Jill #45

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Gosh, well done for the charity crop...great idea for a great cause!! Hope you all had a great time as well as raising lots of cash :)
Hugs, LLJ 35 xxxx

Deb said...

your layouts look fabulous! Must admit, a layout stays on my desk until it is finished and I never start another until it is. Wish I could be like that with my knitting, that is another story!
Debxx

aworkofheart said...

Hi Sarah, first of all, it is very hard to have a work space that you can't always leave stationary, so good for you that you actually get to working on your pages! They are very cute! I have moved from scrap booking as my major craft to card making, but when I do scrap book, I try to finish each page as I do it, but that doesn't always happen. I go to a 4 hour workshop every Thursday and I can't take my whole room with me so I can't always finish a page say without my cricut to make the title. It is fun hobby with a great outcome, and good for you starting at such a young age! I have become one of your followers and I would love it if you would become one of mine. I hope you have some crafting time this week! Hugs, Cathryn #146

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Very pretty layouts! I think I know you from UKS! Helloooo! jenx 129

Lesley G said...

I ALWAYS finish my current layout before moving onto my next otherwise they just don't get finished!! Good luck finishing yours :)

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Sarah and thank you for becoming my newest follower. I am the worlds worst scrapper... it was scrapping that got me in to all this crafting stuff in the first place, but I still have layouts unfinished that I started in 2009! Love your LOs and will be very impressed if you get all 10 finished this hols! Have a productive rest of the week MMx #66

Carole Z said...

You would not believe how many unfinished layouts I have, it's frightening!! Loving the look of yours and well done with the charity crop.Carole Z #116

Sandra said...

I have a few unfinished layouts, but I try hard not to start another before I complete at least one o the unfinished pile

Redanne said...

It will be lovely for you when you get some time to craft again Sarah, your works in progress look beautiful! Hugs, Anne x

Lisa-Jane said...

LOL! You sound like me now with all those UFOs. I'm think Id down to about 16 now.

Jo said...

It's great to see all of the layouts you're working on. If I ever have layouts that aren't finished it's only ever the journaling that's missing, I have to be in the right mood to journal :) x

Lou said...

It's good to see how everyone works - i don't have unfinished layouts. Sometimes a layout might sit on the side for a night or two - bet it gets finished before i move on! x