Last weekend my lovely friend Jennifer hosted an online Blog Event called Refresh Your Craft and Soul.
If you've never joined in her events you really should look out for the next one as they are great fun.
Anyway, she set a number of challenges over the weekend and I picked out a couple I liked the look of to have a go at. The first one was the Teal (or blue), Orange and White Challenge.
This is a really unusual colour combo for me - I rarely use orange but I had a hunt in my supplies and found a few bits of stash in the right colours.
Here's my layout:
I hope the yellow/orange sunshine paper is allowed in the challenge!
I love these glitter blue thickers
I created two clusters of embellishments with some circle stickers from the Simple Stories "Words Stickers" Pack, buttons and enamel dots and added the orange "Happy" sticker from the same set to balance the page.
My journalling reads: "It was a hot Summer's day and after a long day at school, Hannah was happy to come home and find the pool up in the garden all ready for her to jump in and cool off!"
Thanks for visiting today!
7 comments:
It's a colour scheme I really like, and I must admit I enjoy scrapping with orange. You've created a gorgeous layout
This is a great challenge and you're layout is lovely. Its funny as orange is one of my go to colours and sometimes i have to try and hold off using it.
Great page, you've captured the laid back attitude of that photo.
It was a great weekend wasn't it? And you've certainly done a great job with those colours :)
Great layout and gorgeous photo x
I love how the stamping turned out! I love using orange too and you've reminded me that I haven't used it for a while so I'd better rectify that!
Gorgeous page Sarah, I love the stamping and the paper with the circles punched out of it! The photo is lovely too! Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at Jennifer Grace Creates! x
Post a Comment