27 June 2014

My Girl Layout - Shimelle Sketch Challenge

Last weekend Shimelle set several challenges!

I really liked the look of this sketch and here's my layout based on it.


I kept quite close to the original sketch with the photo, title, journalling and embellishments all in the places indicated by the sketch.

In this post Shimelle challenges us to use ink and in the video she demonstrated a technique for adding mist using a piece of cotton wool. To date I had only "spritzed", "misted" and "made little droplets" with ink mists so I was keen to try this. 

I used Mister Huey First Kiss (Pink) and spritzed a little onto my craft sheet and using a cotton wool pad to pick up a little bit of the ink I swiped it over the background white cardstock.  I really liked the effect.


 Those of you that read this week's WOYWW post will know that I had a few problems with the journalling card but as you can see I got a new one made and in place!


My supplies for this layout included: 
Amy Tangerine Pink Word Stickers
Teresa Collins Tag (cut down to make the journal card)





5 comments:

Becky said...

I like the embellishments bottom right. I really want to find some time to scrap this weekend! It was too hot to do any last Sunday!

Lesley G said...

Love the simplicity of the layout with all the detail (if that makes sense) x

Sandra said...

I don't have much luck with misting, it all tends to look a bit of a mess, but I love this soft look on your layout

Carole Z said...

A fab layout.. I'd hoped to get time to scrap this past weekend, but sadly not! :( Hugs Carole Z X

Lisa-Jane said...

LOVE this Sarah! It's come out so well and I love the placement.