22 August 2010

* Monkeys, Shopping and a Layout! *

After a few days of not having chance to get on here, I think we are due a bit of a catch up blog post!

Last Thursday we took H and her little friend to Monkey World as her birthday treat. For her 5th birthday she had a party at a soft play centre and last year we hired a local hall and organised games and activities for 20 children (which I found very stressful) so this year we suggested she chose one special friend and had a day out and we would treat them to dinner afterwards. A heavy rain shower in the morning almost tempted us to cancel but I am so glad we didn't as the sun came out for the rest of the day.

Monkey World is an amazing place!! We saw monkeys, chimpanzees, orang-utans, apes, gibbons and so much more, many of which had been rescued from abuse or neglect. H loved it and enjoyed sharing her special day with her "BFF", Aimee!! Sadly I forgot my camera batteries so took no photos, I know how bad is that?!

Friday was my nephew's 3rd birthday so more family celebrations and birthday cake! Today we have escaped the rain (just!) by going out for breakfast and a shopping trip to nearby Poole. H spent some of her birthday money on some new clothes.
I do have one layout to show you. I didn't manage to do any of Shimelle's On Line crop last weekend as it was H's birthday but I was having a browse through the challenges the other evening and this sketch caught my eye and I came up with this.

I love all the TV talent shows, so I am so pleased X Factor has started again on Saturday evenings and right now I'm just settling down to watch the "Don't Stop Believing" Final on Channel 5. Anyone else love X Factor??!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very jealous... I really want to go to Monkey World. Watched Don't Stop Believing too, was a bit disappointed with some of the acts in the final... thought their first acts were better than what they performed in the final!

Lovely LO.

XXX

Sandie said...

Have to confess I do love X Factor. Missed the first week but it gets better as the weeks progress.
I did think about enrolling on 'Learn Something New' but am signed up for 'Something for almost Nothing' so thought I'd focus on that first. I have so much stash and thought it might be more useful at this time.
Another reason is that I have enrolled on Susannah Conway's 'Unravelling' which also starts in September. Like you, I am a bit addicted to e-courses after my first one a few months ago (Taking Flight).
Look forward to hearing more about your next Shimelle project.