13 August 2010

* Scrapbooking at Last *

Helloooo, and welcome to my new followers, great to have you here!
Very quick post tonight. I just want to show you a couple of layouts I have done this week. It's been a while since I scrapped. I just haven't been able to find the time lately, but I really enjoyed making these pages, even if they were done "a bit here and a bit there" whenever I had a few minutes to myself or whilst H was engrossed in a DVD. I've just had all my stash out on the dining room table so I could come back to it whenever I had a few minutes. Sitting down and scrapping for a few hours is near on impossible these days!
These photos were taken a couple of summers ago at Longleat Safari Park. Not the best photos but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
Detail of the butterfly and alphas (ignore the glare from the camera!!)

I've been wanting to scrap these pics for a while. They show my daughter wearing her 1st pair of glasses. She only needs them for computer, TV or when she's tired. For this page I followed a sketch (very loosely) from a prompt from Shimelle's recent Love Your Pages Class. Journalling reads "You had your first glasses at 4 years old. You chose cute Little Miss Naughty ones!"
This weekend will be a busy one for me. It is H's 7th birthday on Sunday. I have to shop for party food tomorrow, do my shift at work tomorrow afternoon, wrap pressies, blow up balloons etc... Then Sunday we have family & friends coming over to celebrate.
Have a fab weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about finding time to craft. I think that's why I love knitting so much at the moment as it's very easy to pick it up, do a few rows and then put it back down.

Lovely LO's, especially the one about your daughters first glasses. Very cute!

XXX

Anne said...

These are lovely layouts. Hannah looks so cute with her glasses and your page shows the photos off well.
I always have big plans to sit down and scrapbook but it never works out.
I hope the party goes well and you all have fun.
Anne
x