12 March 2011

* Fun in the Sun *

Hellooo Everyone, hope you are well and enjoying the weekend!
Yesterday I had a couple of blissful hours to myself and sat down at my craft table and played with pretty paper and photos. I pushed paper about, had a good ol' rummage through my stash, not quite sure what I was doing, inspiration and ideas completely absent. Does that happen to you? Eventually I had a browse through some blogs and came across this sketch on the very talented SJ's blog and this is the layout I finally ended up with based on the sketch.

I sanded the edges of the photos, something I rarely do but I love the effect.

And a close up!! Oh how I adore these little butterflies!

I feel as if I've lost my way a bit with scrapbooking at the moment and I'm not happy with the layouts I've made recently. So much so that I am thinking about placing an order for some new 12 X 12 papers, even though I can't really afford it :( ..... but new stash usually helps me find my mojo again!

Hope you have a had a lovely weekend and had time to craft!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Fantastic layout and the butterflies are lovely. Really great pictures. I hope you find your mojo soon and yes, new stash will definately help! x

Anne said...

This is such a lovely layout. The butterflies and the very cute owl just finish the layout off perfectly. I have no motivation to scrap. With a new baby I don't have the time and I'm worried I will loose interest in this hobby altogether. My family bought me 'boy' papers so I must try and do some baby pages soon if Dillon would sleep long enough to give me the time to do a layout.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah!
Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday :)

Hope you find your mojo soon, we've all been there haven't we, mine disappears every now and then too! New stash always give me a boost even if it's only a couple of sheets of paper - Im so easily please . . lol

Hopefully our weather here in Ireland will improve before you visit and as for craft shops Im afraid there aren't any for miles. I think my nearest is about 2 hours away - thank heavens for the internet!!

hugs
Dee
xx

Rachel Brett said...

It must be the time of year! I've lost my scrappy mojo too. I love the colours on your layout :)