
In the New Forest, which is a 30 minute drive from us, deer (and the famous New Forest ponies) roam freely. It is possible (but rare) to spot the deer but on the odd time we have seen one it has run off into the trees and out sight. The Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary is the ideal place to see them, complete with a special viewing platform from where I took loads of photos (just so wish I had a better zoom!!).
I know some of you live locally or visit the south on holidays from time to time. If you get a chance to go, time it around 1.30pm-3pm as this is the time the Forest wardens feed them so there are plenty gathered in front of the viweing platform.
After a lovely walk through the forest, with opportunity for plenty of photos we headed into nearby Lyndhurst for coffee and cake.

I'm looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend, despite me having to do an extra shift at work, we haven't quite decided what to do yet. What are your plans?
Right, I'm off to sort out my scrapping stash and put some bits in a basket ready for Learn Something New Everyday.
3 comments:
I haven't been to the New Forest for some years, you have inspired me to revisit. Helpful tip about feeding time of the deer, thank you. It looks like you had a lovely time, enjoy what is left of your holiday.
These are great photos of the deer. We are having a similar week to you. We went to Salisbury yesterday and off to Spinnaker Tower and Gunwharf Quays today. This area is great for days out.
ah boldrewood, i love it there. during my health visiting course we had to go on a leadership training day where we left clues etc and observed each other. it was tense but fun to be out of the classroom.
look forward to seeing u in class sarah
Jo xxx
Post a Comment